OBJECTIVES & BENEFITS
SUMMER CAMP BENEFITS
- Unique Player Management System Approach.
- Improve consistency through our unique sequential methodology and proper stroke production and ball striking repetition to build muscle memory.
- Build confidence in their shot-making ability with our goal-oriented drill and point play selections as they progress with their technique.
- Match play coaching analysis
- Increase their fitness level with top strength and conditioning exercises divided in different cycle’s within all the training sessions.
- Dynamic footwork and live ball foundational drills based on Spanish developmental methodology.
- The coach is a role model.
- Time to build the basics: sound technical skills, love of the sport, and good practice and competition habits.
- Help players establish the routines and attitudes they will carry with them for the rest of their lives.
- This is a “romance phase”: – Build in fun, disciplined and balanced with concentration and intensity.
- Emphasize fundamentals and technique: – Accentuate gaining skills and doing one’s best, rather than focusing on the ultimate outcome of the match.
- Teach routines to use between points to aid in concentration and relaxation.
- Begin progressive strength training: Focus on developing core stability, endurance and basic athletic skills like agility, balance and coordination. – Teach dynamic warm-up and its importance before practice.
- A firm foundation in the core muscles (trunk, hips, abdomen and lower back) is the basis for future strength and power development.
- Always insist on proper technique.
- Promote teamwork and set standards: – Teach working with others in practice and coping with winning and losing.
- The player must learn how to practice with purpose and intensity.
- Further refine fundamentals and learn what it takes to become a positive competitor.
- Create a Goal-setting structure as it is fundamental for kids to work with purpose.
- Learn to set goals, but the right types of goals (specific, challenging but realistic, outcome, process and performance goals)